Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tabletop Tuesday


Wow!  I am just lovin' all the blog parties in blogland!!  There seems to be one everyday, oh my how my buttocks is getting wider and wider with all this sitting in front on the ole' laptop looking at some great posts and wonderful ideas!

Today I am participating in Tabletop Tuesday hosted by Marty at A Stroll Thru Life.  I can't wait to see all the wonderful tabletop ideas.  Marty has a fabulous coffee table vignette up on her blog with a to-die-for antique scale and if you scroll down to her previous post she has featured a wonderful book with fantastic tabletop ideas.  Go take a look and enjoy.

I walked around our home searching high and low for a tabletop to feature.  I had such a hard time finding one as e v e r y t h i n g  is in such a disarray since our first 10,000lbs of worldly treasures will leave AZ next week heading for GA.  Alas, the one room that really hasn't been packed or messed up yet is our living room.  So tonight I am featuring not really a tabletop but a shelftop.  My late grandmother had this shelf (along with a matching mirror and candle sconces)  made by a friend in the 1950's.  It holds so many memories for me....I just love the shelf all by itself. : )  On the shelf I have placed a few blue and white pieces. One I picked up while stationed in Korea and the one on top of the book my girlfriend, Debbie, sent to me while she was stationed in Korea.  The lamp belonged to my grandmothers first cousin.  Not sure what that makes her to me???  The painting also came from Beijing for $4.00.  I had it framed in Korea for $25.00...that is a Larson Juhl frame!!

I hope ya'll enjoy my shelftop/tabletop....

12 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, the shelf is wonderful and the picture hanging above it is gorgeous. Both of your blue pieces of china are beautiful. Love the pretty flowers, they just make everything look so inviting. Such a pretty lamp too. Thanks so much for joining the party. If you would link in again. You need to right click on the title of this post and the click copyshortcut. That's what you post in the html section of Mr. Linky. Right now you have your name linked back to my post so no one can find you. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

Oh, so many beautiful things. I love that painting of the roses. Just lovely.

- The Tablescaper

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Wow, you have such beautiful and elegant things. Your oil painting is just stunning and the flower arrangement finishes off everything perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

So many beautiful things that are even more dear because they all have a memory attached.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What an elegant tabletop!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comment on my blog. As you can see it's pretty empty there, hopefully I'll get this blogging thing down.

I love the table and especially love the story behind it. Memories are what makes antiques so special. Best wishes with your move.

nannykim said...

This is so gorgeous. I love that shelf--looks like a table--it is sooooooo pretty. The painting for 4 bucks!! YIKES--it looks so wonderful with the frame. Love the flowers, blue and white thingy, and the lamp---mmmm all so great. Glad you are moving to Ga. I live in SC and there is nothing like the South!

nannykim from http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com (I have other blogs so it gets confusing)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your shelf is so pretty and the oil above is is just stunning!!

xoxo
Jane

Kim said...

Now I would just kill to have that painting! And I can't believe you are moving next week! You would never know it. I wish you much luck and can't wait to hear all about your adventure.
xoxo,
Kim

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

O MY GOODNESS! I cannot believe that framed picture for that price! You lucky girl. Love the shelf. I, like you would love that shelf with nothing on it, but the pretty treasures you have on it sure add to the look. So pretty. laurie

Atticmag said...

Very elegant console and accessories. You have lovely things. Jane F.

~ Pink Flamingo ~ said...

Ha Ha... your FIRST 10,000 pounds? Our last move topped us out at about 12,000 lbs total! I've got some catching up to do! :) xoxo