Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Sign Of Things To Come...

Because we move so often I find myself wanting to make little changes in decorating with every "new" home.  This one coming up will be no exception.  I found this lovely fabric at Hancock Fabrics a while back  for $6.00 a yard, I bought 10 yards.  Next came the lamp shades that I found at Ross for $4.99 each.  Then came the king size pillow shams, found one at Stein Mart deeply clearanced for $6.00 and (here is where I had to bite the bullet) found the other one on Ebay for $29.99. Before I made this purchase I had an extensive search done of all the Stein Mart's nationwide to make sure another wasn't laying on a clearance shelf.  When I add the two together that is only $35.00, not bad??  Lastly, but certainly not least, the Ikea curtains that my friend, Lydia, gave to me a couple of years ago. So for $105.00 my new Master Suite is off to a real good start.  (I already have a Williamsburg coverlet in the dark red that I'll be using as the bed topper.)  I plan to use the fabric to make a bedskirt, throw pillows and cornice board covers.  If you scroll down a few posts you will see the chairs that will also be in the room.  I think the fabric coordinates very well.  Of course, all this will probably not be completed until the end of July. :)  Gotta have something to dream about at night!  Enjoy the pictures.

4 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What would we do without a project in progress...haha I love the colors, it will look great. I can totally relate with the many moves...YAWN...it is tiring!

~ Pink Flamingo ~ said...

Are those lampshades furry/feathery?! How cool!

Ann said...

Yes, Pink Flamingo, the lampshades do have a furry trim on the top and the bottom! :)

The Southern Door said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog! Glad to see you are making your way back down here too. Love the lampshades!