Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Fare

We were invited to a Super Bowl party tonight.
Old friends and neighbors of ours from Arizona.
They moved to Georgia the same time that we did and live in the neighborhood next
to ours.

Friends that often move with you, or close to the same time, is one of the many, many benefits of being apart of the Military!

I wasn't sure what our hostess was preparing in the way of food.

Would it be pizza?

Sub sandwiches?

Chili?

Wings?

Heavy hors d'oeuvres?

What could I make that would compliment any dish?

Well, I think that I scored a big touchdown with these Cheese Straws.
Not only were they delicious they look good too.







Here's the recipe...

Spicy Pecan and Parmesan Cheese Straws
Ladies Home Journal Dec10/Jan11

1/4 C pecan halves
1/4 C grated Parmesan
2 tsp salt
1/2 smoked paprika
black pepper to taste
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed.

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the pecans, Parmesan, salt, paprika and pepper to pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. (I used my food chopper from Pampered Chef.)

Sprinkle 1/4 of the nut mixture evenly onto a work surface and place 1 sheet of pastry directly on top. Sprinkle more nut mixture over the pastry. With a rolling pin, roll pastry until the nut mixture begins to stick. Fold dough in half lengthwise and roll until the two sides of dough stick together.

Cut the folded edge from the dough and discard. Cut 1/2 inch strips from the long side. Twist the strips five or six times and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry and nut mixtures. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.

NOTE: I added finely chopped Prosciutto and dried basil to the mixture.

Yummy, yummy in my tummy!

Enjoy,
Ann

5 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

These look soooo yummy...thanks for sharing...I always need some good tailgating treats for college football in the Fall!

Blessings,
Linda

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These look delicious! And they don't sound too difficult to make. Thank you for sharing.(-:

Dena E's Blog said...

Hey Ya Sweet Sis!!!! Looks soooo yummy, too bad I don't eat these kind of foods anymore.. Soooo Happy that others do though, they look scrumptious Sweetie...
Hope your super bowl evening went WONDERFULLY... You're still in my prayers and I think of you soooooo much more often that I leave notes for you..
Your prayers have blessed my heart and our card delivery travles.. Even though sales remain down,,with Jesus in our lives and Sweet Sisters like you,, its just not as noticable,,,THANKS FOR BEING YOU!!! I Love U Sis!!!
Sorry I'm sooo late with a reply.. Usually I'm quicker than this, honest...
Blessings and Love from our Savior above~~~Hugs Dena

Georgia sounds BEAUTIFUL,, and it must be more so with YOU there now...

Unknown said...

Your host is supposed to be dining at Casa Pittard sometime this month according to the CG...get my package ready!!! :-)

Denise said...

They look yummy, I could have munched on them all night, bet once you've had one you can't stop eating them ;-)