Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Arrivals

Three weeks ago tonight our middle dude came home from a friends house, in pouring down rain, carrying a little dog that he found on the sidewalk in our neighborhood.

Turns out the little dog belonged to a neighbor and after a long discussion our neighbor gave the dog to me.

Did I really want another dog?

Not sure, but I did want to provide her a good home. For you see, she was pregnant!

After two vet appts. and x-rays it was determined the babies would arrive between the 20th-23rd of this month.

Well, this morning I drove our youngest dude to school,ran by Wal-Mart, went to the gym and stopped at a thrift store on the way home.

When I arrived home at 10am, Chui, Oliver, and Gracie greeted me at the door. The same way they always do, as if it is the first time they have ever seen me and they fall instantly in love!! I need that kind of affection everyday.:o)

CoCo, our newest addition, didn't greet me.

As I looked around for her, I discovered her in one of my antique wash baskets in the family room giving birth!! The first baby was still in the sack!
How exciting for us! We have never, ever experienced animal birth.
I called a good friend, who is a vet tech, she rushed right over to help.

Below are the pictures. I warn you, one picture might be a little graphic. But, you've been warned....





















CoCo is a Boston Frenchie which is a Boston Terrier/French Bulldog mix. The father of her babies, we think, is a Shih Tzu!! 6 hours later we have 5 little Bull Shihs!!

We're all tired and are going to bed!


Fondly,
Ann

9 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You certainly have a full "puppy" house now! Congrats!

The Inspired Nest said...

"Bull Shihs!" I love it! Congrats to all!
Lacy

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Wow...what a lucky little dog that she found you, and just at the right time. I bet the puppies are going to be very cute.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Aw...what a sweet momma she is; and she found a cozy place to have her babes...love it!

Jan

Julie Harward said...

This is the funniest and the sweetest post I have read all day! I am not amazed that the daddy is a ST..I have one and he is so bold! I cannot believe someone would just give a dog away like that..she is a beauty..and has such good taste to choose your basket to give birth in! ;D

me said...

That just is so sweet. . . . but why oh why did the neighbor just give CoCo away so quickly??? I know she's better off with y'all, but it makes me sad! Oh, and I love the BS name . . . now, when will the others leave??? We don't want you to be the old "cat lady"?!

Denise said...

Oh my, how precious! We have a shih tzu, if I lived closer I'd be so tempted to have one. Keep us posted with cute puppy photos :)

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

What a mix! Those puppies will be so cute!! It's nice that you are giving her a home. I wish more humans would be responsible for their pets.
I hope you will post pictures as the little ones grow.

Angela said...

She is just adorable and I cracked up at the name of what these precious ones are called..LOL..you know what I was thinkin girl..blush blush..What a beautiful mix though..I would have a hard time saying no, even with my two dogs..and knowing me ,I would keep one of the pups too...