Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kitchen Reno Update

Well folks, the update is almost complete in our kitchen.  Can't quite show y'all the room just yet.  Gotta get this mess cleaned up first....


Yep, your lookin' at a gallon of spilled paint.

This is how it went down.

Story told by Oliver the Shih Tzu.

Mommy left to run errands this morning.  At first, I made my usual rounds that I make when mommy leaves me for the morning.  You know, gotta check all the trash cans throughout the house.  You see, I'm starving and I'm always on the hunt for tiny scraps of food or the occasional sanitary napkin.  Once I finished tipping 6 trash cans I was exhausted and in need of a nap.  As I walking through the construction zone in the kitchen this big ole can sitting in the corner of the room called my name.  "Oliver, Oliver, come over here.  Come visit me Oliver.  Come see what I have to offer."  Since my stomach is forever growling I decided to check this can out.  The promise of food scraps was overwhelming to me.  So I tipped the can only to have a bunch of white liquid gush out at me.  At first, I thought, hmmm, can I eat this stuff?  So I licked some.  Yuck!!   I decided this wasn't for me and proceeded to take my morning nap.  Chui, my older Shih Tzu brother, told me he thought I might be in BIG trouble when mommy came home.  Boy was he ever correct!!  Mommy could tell it was me that did the can tipping.  She said my little black nose was all white and I had paint all over my left cheek.  Why didn't Chui tell me this??  I could have wiped it off onto the carpet or the couch. :o)

So now we wait for the big glob of paint to dry and then will just peel it up off the floor.

AND for the record, Oliver is very well fed!!

11 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL...at first I went.."Oh no!" and then I was so amazed that you could peel it off?! I wouldn't have thought that was possible! ;D

The Inspired Nest said...

I was just glad to hear it was Oliver and not you! I have personally knocked over a whole can of paint (on carpet!)!!! So glad to hear you can peel it up!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Noooo!! Bad Oliver.

Oh, you must have been furious. Our dogs, huh? They certainly live in the moment.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh dear...poor little Oliver, he really didn't mean to.(-: I didn't know that you could just wait for point to dry and the peel it off...great tip!

me said...

Ann . . . that cracked me up! I can see him doing it! (And you're right - I'm sure he was in the trash cans first!) Funny, funny!!!

Angela said...

Oh my LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh girl.....and here I was complaining about my pee in the house toy poodles,,lol.....We are DEFINITELY not having a play date together with our dogs...they would get into too much mischief,,and you will NOT want mine over to pee..lol

~ Pink Flamingo ~ said...

Holy cr*p, Ann... that spill scares the heck out of me. They painted the white baseboards in our new qtrs without using drop cloths to protect the dark pecan-colored wood floors, so I spend WAY too much time trying to remove the cloudy white hazes and smears left behind when they dry-wiped the messes (which had plenty of time to penetrate deep in to the wood grain). You are far more ZEN about this "event" than I would be in your shoes. Sure hope cute little O did not have a tummy ache. xoxo

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh no! I kept thinking it was going to be one of those joke paint spills like the fake melted ice cream cone. I am so glad you can just peel it up. Those cute little doggies sure keep you on your toes!

Erma Bombeck, Where Art Thou? said...

oh little Oliver, youre so lucky to live to tell this tale:)

Dena E's Blog said...

OH MY GOSH Sis,,,I can sure realte ,,last spring our 11 yr old did this but it was on the basement carpeting.. He'd wanted to play the drums for our Grandson ,,but,, we don't own any.. So Billy (the 11yr old then)
was only trying to get some makeshift ones going on.. WOW,,what a day for the rasing Billy scrapbook;0)
Tell Oliver thanks for the GREAT story telling...
Thanks for the Awesome note from you too Sis..
Thanks for my note on RED day!!!
As you lean on Him,, may you know Blessings and Love from Our Sweet Savior above ~~~
Love & Hugs~~~Dena

Erma Bombeck, Where Art Thou? said...

ann..heard that the polish pottery might be up for grabs from our friend in TX:) Email me!
pbarron@zerotothree.org