Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The unpacking and decorating continues...

We have been in our home for two weeks as of today.  Yes, you can sit on the couch now, heck you can even take a nap on the couch!  I have a good dent in the packing boxes but still have quite a way to go before we are rid of them. : )

Below is a picture from the living room.  I just love this old wing chair.  I found it and the mate at a thrift store in Alexandria, VA.  My girlfriend, Dale, really wanted one.  So me made a deal.  We would buy the pair for $60.00 and each take a chair.  When one of us passes our husbands know that the mates then have to be brought back together to the living friends home.  I know, I know kinda morbid, but my girlfriend is 4 years older than me!
The flower arrangement was made by a wonderful friend who is so talented, thank you Wendy. : )

Enjoy.


Oops...please ignore the stack of pictures.

Also, I found these pictures taken in June while we still lived in AZ.  I had just returned from a shopping trip in Nogales, Mexico. (That's my wonderful Mexican shopping bag.)  Shih Tzu's are the nosiest little doggies.  Chui and Oliver were quite interested in my bag....




I'm linking up to Sue's fun meme, Rednesday.  Check out her blog, It's A Very Cherry World, and all the wonderful showings of red. : )



I'll be back soon with more postings, the boxes are still calling my name!

7 comments:

Chel ~ said...

Love that chair! And your comment "but she's four years older than me," made me lol! Happy Rednesday!

Julie Harward said...

Thats quite a deal you and your friend have made...now don't get too serious about it! LOL Cute dogs too, I have one and he is the boss of our big golden retreiver for sure! :D

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your new home is beautiful...and I love what you have done so far. Keep up the good work...I truly know how hard it is. We just got settled in our new home a month ago! Looking Good! Love the chair!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Ann
I read a few of your posts to try to fill myself with some info about you. I am gathering that you just moved into a new home?
I see you are also a lover of Shih Tzu's! They are the greatest dogs! I have a black and white one.
He is the king of the house!
~Ann

Unknown said...

"Four years does not a lifetime make." Strom Thurmond

Cherry Chick said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for stopping by. I should think that with the move you've just made you you wouldn't have time for even one blog much less all the 'sites' I maintain..lol. I do appreciate you sharing your journey along the way. I recall first seeing your blog when you posted pics of your beautiful home in AZ.
I will confess to staying up until 2 a.m. or later updating and catching up on what others have to share. I don't have to update all of my sites everyday, some are just email locations, so it's pretty easy to handle. For me it's more about "Brand" development for my side business with the jewelry. Plus I can do all of it from the computer on my couch or in bed. Gotta love a laptop!
Best wishes on your new home. It's looks beautiful, too.
Question for you and not to sound 'morbid' but what happens if both you and your friend'go' together. Do you have a plan "B" for the chairs?? ;-)
Thanks for sharing with us.
´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.Thank you.*.•♥
♥•.*.from Vicki*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

SueLovesCherries said...

You and your friend made a wise decision with those chairs! Very classy! Your dog looks so cute in that bag!